Monday, July 12, 2010

Blacktail Canyon triathlon in Idaho Falls, Idaho

The experience this past weekend in Idaho Falls was a very memorable one at that.
I made the trip to Idaho Falls Thursday morning to get a good idea of the course and what was in-store for me. Making my way down Lincoln road into the canyon I did not think twice about the sign that said "11% grade". I just made my way to the Blacktail canyon parking area and walked to the boat dock where we would be diving into the water. An "off the dock" start is exciting as long as the guy behind you does not jump on you and cause minor drowning, but none of that happened. The Lake was still and warm; a beautiful view of the mountains and a clear sky made this the perfect area for a fabulous day of racing.
Not until Friday afternoon when I went to the Packet pickup location did I realize that the road leaving the canyon was the same road that the cycle leg road out on. "11% grade incline? Are you serious?" I asked the guys from Personal Best Performance . They replied with a simple; "Yup."
The whole 6 miles out and 6 miles back was a plethora of hills dedicated to the separation of man and child.
So far to date the toughest and yet most satisfying Triathlon I have completed. Granted I have not been doing this for that long, but they do get better every time.

It did appear that the P.B. Performance group had it all together for this race. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if they had shut the road down so no big trucks with big boats would be not paying any attention to us cycling folk and almost run a few down. Nobody got hurt or ran over, it was a good day.

"On to the next one."


Go Team Aquaphor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment